Explore is made up of six sessions that will take you to rural, border, suburban, exurban and Native lands, and will be bookended by a prep session and a reflection session.
Each session is thoughtfully designed to highlight the assets of and opportunities within these communities, as identified by the people who live and work there. The opening retreat will be all about how we prepare to get the most out of our experiences in these new communities, and the final session will be focused on reflecting, assessing and deepening our understanding of our experiences through shared dialogue and discussion.
The trip will have a 60-minute virtual pre-session the evening before we travel. The overnight commitments and days off work vary throughout the program, but the dates have been intentionally chosen to avoid holidays and other potential scheduling conflicts. We also have ensured that there is sufficient time between overnight experiences.
Below is the Class 2 program agenda:
- March 25: Retreat & Kickoff (no overnight)
- April 7-8: Yuma (one overnight)
- April 28-29: Nogales (one overnight)
- May 11: South Phoenix (no overnight)
- May 12: Mesa (no overnight)
- May 13: Buckeye (no overnight)
- June 1-3: Navajo Nation (two overnights)
- June 17: Retreat & Debrief (no overnight)