Catalyze sets up Arizonans to take action in the community. If you’re ready to make a difference or grow your impact, you’ll start your journey with VL here. With a virtual format and multiple session dates, you’ll be able to engage when and where it works best for you.
- Connect with fellow Arizonans who are passionate about the community.
- Expand your knowledge and perspectives of the issues facing Arizona – and explore them with the people working on them each day.
- Build skills and gain experiences that will help you to navigate challenges in your personal, professional and community life.
- Make a plan for how you’ll make a difference going forward – personally, professionally and as part of our Impact Maker work.
Catalyze is for any Arizonan who is ready to lead and be guided by Valley Leadership’s Principles of Doing. While all program sessions will be virtual, optional small group, in-person and virtual social activities and experiences will be offered.
We are committed to empowering a broad spectrum of Arizonans to lead. With every class, inclusion and increasing representation among people who may have traditionally been overlooked for leadership roles is our priority. It is with that commitment that we are working to strengthen and build partnerships to connect more Arizonans to our training and development opportunities. While we ask participants to commit to investing time, we never want cost to be a barrier. Scholarships and/or wage replacement may be available, and you can make that request as part of your application.
A note on coronavirus and programming: While all program dates will occur virtually, any in-person opportunities will be held in accordance with CDC, state and local guidelines and regulations.
September 2022 to February 2023.
Designed with time in mind, sessions will be offered twice virtually. Dates listed below.
Tuition is based on a sliding scale, from $200-$850.
With Gratitude to Our Sponsors:
Frequently Asked Questions
Our criterion to participate in Catalyze is simple: Are you ready to act – or do more – to strengthen Arizona?
What does that mean? You may be new to the community and want to get a better understanding of your new home; looking to grow; or want to find a way to get more engaged in the community.
The program was built with consideration of the current economic circumstances of individuals and their families in mind. Tuition for Catalyze is based on a sliding scale:
- $200 for individuals with an income of $26,500 or less, or families with an income of $53,000 or less.
- $300 for individuals with an income of $26,501-$53,000 or families with an income of $53,001-$106,000.
- $600 for individuals with an income of $53,001-$159,000 or families with an income of $106,001-$318,000.
- $850 for individuals with an income of $159,000+ or family households with an income of $318,000+
While we ask participants to commit to investing time, we never want cost to be a barrier. Scholarships and/or wage replacement may be available, and you can make that request as part of your application.
Catalyze will run from September to February. Program sessions will run for 3 hours every other week and will be offered at least twice during that week, once in the morning and once in the evening. Times will be decided by polling of the cohort. Sessions will be held during the following weeks:
- Session 1 – Week of September 5th
- Session 2 – Week of September 19th
- Session 3 – Week of October 3rd
- Session 4 – Week of October 17th
- Session 5 – Week of October 31st
- Session 6 – Week of November 14th
- Session 7 – Week of November 28th
- Session 8 – Week of December 12th
- Session 9 – Week of January 9th
- Session 10 – Week of January 23rd
- Session 11 – Week of February 6th
- Session 12 – Week of February 20th
The program will be presented virtually, with opportunities for optional in-person and virtual experiences and social opportunities. Click here to see a sample agenda. Between sessions, there will be up to 90 minutes of preparation.
Though Catalyze is offered online, it is NOT a webinar series. Online sessions will be dynamic, including small-group interactions to build relationships, in addition to virtual and in-person social opportunities.
Yes! We know that a big piece of the Valley Leadership experience is having the opportunity to connect in person with your classmates. There will be a welcome social before the virtual programming begins to get to know your cohort and podmates, as well as in-person and virtual social events throughout the program.
Fill out this short application that includes a few questions and some information about you.
Valley Leadership offers an opportunity for you to have new experiences and make new connections that help you grow. Increased self-awareness, perspective and community knowledge and connections are invaluable in any workplace. As you’re getting ready to ask your employer about a VL opportunity, be sure share with them how you’ll use these additional skills to support your organization.
Our programs vary in their time commitment – and Catalyze will be offered at a variety of times, including outside normal business hours, giving you the opportunity to continue your learning when it’s most convenient for you and your schedule.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and acceptance notifications will be sent out on a rolling basis. Upon acceptance to Catalyze, you will receive further information regarding tuition payment and class expectations.